1) Product Name: Zinc Iodide
2) Molecular Formula: ZnI2
3) CAS-No: 10139-47-6
4) Molecular Weight: 319.22 g/mol
5) Density: 4.74 g/cm3
6) Melting Point: 446°C
7) Appearance: White solid
8) Solubility in water: 450 g/100mL (20 °C)
9) Other cations: Cadmium iodide; Mercury(I) iodide
10) Other anions: Zinc fluoride; Zinc bromide; Zinc chloride
11) Magnetic susceptibility (χ): −98.0·10−6 cm3/mol
Zinc Iodide is a chemical compound of zinc and iodine, ZnI2. This substance readily absorbs water from the atmosphere and is prepared by direct reaction of zinc and iodine in refluxing ether. The provided chemical is formulated under the stern guidance of our ingenious professionals using quality-tested compounds and sophisticated methodology. In addition to this, we offer this Zinc Iodide to our clients as per their requirements in different packaging options at industrial-leading prices.
1) Zinc iodide is often used as an x-ray opaque penetrant in industrial radiography to improve the contrast between the damage and intact composite.
2) In conjunction with osmium tetroxide, Zinc iodide is used as a stain in electron microscopy.