- Product Name: Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Chemical Names: Ondascora, Quicifal, Cetyl ascorbate, 6-O-Palmitoylascorbic acid, 1-Ascorbyl palmitate, Ascorbyl palmitic acid, L-Ascorbyl palmitate, Ascorbic acid palmitate, 6-Palmitoylascorbic acid, L-Ascorbic acid, 6-hexadecanoate, Palmitoyl L-ascorbic acid, Ascorboyl palmitate, Ascorbylpalmitic acid, L-Ascorbic acid, 6-palmitate, Ascorbyl 6-palmitate, Ascorbic palmitate, L-Ascorbyl monopalmitate
- CAS Number: 137-66-6
- Chemical formula: C22H38O7
- Molar mass: 414.533 g/mol
- Appearance: White to yellowish colored powder
- Melting point: 116 to 117 °C (241 to 243 °F; 389 to 390 K)
- Solubility in water: Very slightly soluble in water, alcohol & ethanol.
Ascorbyl palmitate is an ester formed from ascorbic acid and palmitic acid creating a fat-soluble form of vitamin C. White to yellowish in appearance, this Ascorbyl Palmitate is highly soluble in oil and alcohol.
1) This odorless chemical is extensively used as an ingredient in skin-lightening products to correct hyper pigmentation and age spots. Known as a potent antioxidant, it can improve appearance of aged and fragile skin.
2) It is used in the food industry as a natural preservative for oils, vitamins and colors.
3) Besides, this Ascorbyl Palmitate is an ideal formulation for preservative free oils, balms and salves.