Ammonium iodide is an inorganic compound consisting of ammonium and iodide that is represent by the chemical formala H4IN. This substance can be prepared by reacting ammonia or ammonium hydroxide with hydroiodic acid or hydrogen iodide gas. It is also formed by the decomposition of ammoniated triiodoamine (an explosive).
1) Ammonium iodide is used in photographic chemicals and some medications.
2) It can also be supplemented to many animal feed formulations as a dietary source of Iodine.
1) Inhalation causes irritation of nose and throat.
2) Contact with eyes and skin causes irritation.
1) Avoid breathing dust/gas/fume/mist/spray/vapors.
2) If inhaled, take the victim to fresh air and rest him/her in a comfortable position for breathing.
3) If comes in contact with eyes, then rinse it cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if wearing for a while till the victim feel relax.
Product Name : Ammonium Iodide
Chemical Names : Azanium iodide, Ammonium-iodid, Ammonium jodatum, Ammoniumiodid, Ammonium iodide ((NH4)I)
Molecular Formula : H4IN
CAS No : 12027-06-4
Molecular Weight : 144.94 g/mol
Density : 2.51 g/cm3
Melting Point : 551°C
Boiling Point : 235 °C
Form : Solid
Appearance : White crystalline powder
Solubility : Soluble in water and ethanol. Slightly soluble in ether.
Sensitive : Light Sensitive & Hygroscopic
Tower - A, 111, Pramukh Hraday, B/s Sandesra Estate, Atladra Vadodara Gujarat India +918068093973